Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Wishlists

Well I've been working on my "to buy" lists now for a while, those items that when you see them and the price is right you've just got to have them...

Took care of one today, found an all metal grater, made in Canada, age unknown but its NOT a box grater those silly things are so hard to clean and I only use the one face anyway. So now I have what is more appropriate. And it only cost $1 at the *cough* local second hand shop... 40km's one way isn't exactly local but I was in town anyway for some supplies. Also scored an all metal cake decorating set, didn't even know they were available but as soon as I saw it I had to have it... all of $5 for that little darling of an item.

Those 2 items together are a big step forward for me, both being all metal allows me to remove the plastic ones that are already here, they'll go with the plastic picnic set, and the no-name plastic containers. I rediscovered a long lost joy the other day with drinking my ice-tea in a mason jar... put the lid on and shake it... saves dirtying a spoon just for mixing it. 

Also on top of all that, I discovered that I can finally ditch my once much desired Magic Bullet, as my big blender that I already had has the removable base that attaches to my normal-necked Mason jars, so I had the capability of Magic Bullet like function all along without realizing it. Hello fresh ground spices and personalized drink's or deserts right in the container they'll be served from.

I do have on my wish-list though some harder to find items
1) I want a guitar - acoustic, and the courage to learn it
2) I want a bolt-action shotgun, they should be just the ticket for me here when the neighbourhood dogs (or the local coyotes) come a-calling at my livestock. Again. But can I find one, no, the local shops laugh at me when I ask them, nope I had one come in about 6 months ago but its in my personal collection. Well thanks... what about mine?
3) I want a ride-on lawn mower, one with a blown engine is just fine as I want to tinker for a winter project this year, deck size no big deal just has to be reasonable.
4) I'd like a quad/4-wheeler/ATV also with a blown engine, so really either 3 or 4. They'd each be much more compatible with a quick jaunt down the local side-roads Saturday and Sunday morning collecting the empties from the yahoo's who still drink and drive around here, quite literally by the number of cans available for the collecting. Bike and foot works just fine but I could collect so much more with a powered item under me.

Alright that's it for me just putting some stuff out there, because hey when you do you can have it. I only decided a couple days ago to look for that grater and the first time I was to town after that decision, there it was!

Be well all.

No comments:

Post a Comment