Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Multi-tasking

I really think multi-tasking is a joke. You really are only focused on one thing at a time and when you're doing that one thing you're not paying attention to the others.

For instance, i diced up some potatoes this morning for a potato salad, put them in the steamer and turned it on. Then the phone rang, and I jumped on the computer to get the URL that I wanted to share, then started to smell something... oops the steamer never got turned down! Boiled dry, black black black pan interior....

All is not lost. I don't care to repeat it so sadly no pictures as I just wanted to get it salvaged if I could. But removed from heat, cooled enough to handle, added hot water and sprinkled baking soda over the charred pan. Let soak for 30 mins and wipe with an abrasive cloth... looks as good as new inside. Outside is another matter there's some coloring to the metal that I will see later if it will come clear or not, but for now the pan is back to usable condition and finishing the steaming of those potatoes for what will now be my evening potato salad instead of lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment